Highest CD Rates in Texas – November 4, 2010
Whether you’re looking for a short-term CD of only six months, or a longer investment period of one to two years, the interest rate you earn greatly determines whether you made a wise investment choice. Not all bank CD rates are competitive with the current national or state average, so thoroughly research your options before committing your funds to an account.
Average Texas CD Rates
Currently, the average 6-month CD rate in Texas is .75% APY. One and two year CDs are not a whole lot better at 1.01% APY and 1.37% APY, respectively. That doesn’t mean you can’t obtain a better interest rate on your certificate of deposit, though; you just have to know where to look.
Banks and Credit Unions with the Best Texas CD Rates
The following are the top TX banks and credit unions offering the best CD rates in the state:
Highest 2 year CD rates in TX
- Red River Employees Credit Union at 2.07% APY
- Harris County Credit Union at 2.02% APY
- Team Financial Credit Union at 2.01% APY
Best 1 year CD rates in TX
- Team Financial Credit Union at 1.76% APY
- Intercorp Credit Union at 1.75% APY
- Harris County Credit Union at 1.61% APY
Top 6 month CD rates in TX
- Team Financial Credit Union at 1.51% APY
- Intercorp Credit Union at 1.50% APY
- Citizens State Bank at 1.35% APY
If you would like to open a CD account with one of the above banks, view the directory of Texas banks for contact information so you can begin growing your savings today.
Other Terms and Conditions may apply. Additionally, rates may have changed since this offer was posted. Please contact the financial institution for the most recent rate updates and to review the terms of the offer.